SUMMER GATHERING
July is already hear and I wish all of you a safe and happy 4th of July. We haven't had our summer gathering as you all know and this is just a hold the date open request and the final invite will be out soon.
The tentative dates are either Saturday August 8th or Saturday August 15th for our family party. It will be at Tom and Pam's this year....pretty much same as in previous years. I will make the BBQ and everyone provide a dish to share and your drinks. If you don't want to eat off paper plates and use plastic utensils, then bring your own tables setting....I hope we get a big turn out this year....
I know we all get busy with our own lives and forget we are part of a bigger family and this is just one of two times a year we can celebrate our lives with each other. As myself, my brothers and their wife's we were going through some of Mom (Grandma's) stuff....she had a small pamphlet about being the last parent to survive she got from a funeral she attended and in that pamphlet she has written a note in the side margin "remember to do this" and the part it was referencing was to get to together as a family her after she had passed and I think we all need to honor her wishes.
Please mark you calendars for both dates and the final date will be out soon....take care and hope everyone will take the time to clear their calendars and enjoy a day in the sun.
The tentative dates are either Saturday August 8th or Saturday August 15th for our family party. It will be at Tom and Pam's this year....pretty much same as in previous years. I will make the BBQ and everyone provide a dish to share and your drinks. If you don't want to eat off paper plates and use plastic utensils, then bring your own tables setting....I hope we get a big turn out this year....
I know we all get busy with our own lives and forget we are part of a bigger family and this is just one of two times a year we can celebrate our lives with each other. As myself, my brothers and their wife's we were going through some of Mom (Grandma's) stuff....she had a small pamphlet about being the last parent to survive she got from a funeral she attended and in that pamphlet she has written a note in the side margin "remember to do this" and the part it was referencing was to get to together as a family her after she had passed and I think we all need to honor her wishes.
Please mark you calendars for both dates and the final date will be out soon....take care and hope everyone will take the time to clear their calendars and enjoy a day in the sun.
2 comments:
Lori & Sue---so sorry to hear about the dogs---death is hard on the living whether its human or animal---they will be missed for sure.
will be there for sure for the party though i hope its the 15th.
If anyone is taking a poll, I vote for the 15th also :)
Post a Comment