Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Update on Me

I just wanted to give a quick update on us. Ok, not us just me :) My hip replacement surgery is in twelve days! But since I have such an awesome family things will get taken care of (and by this I mean my kids). Today Mom, Kris, and Melissa were so kind to make food to fill my chest freezer so after surgery things can just be pulled out and warmed up. It was great to spend time with them and for them to give up their day off to help me just proves I come from a great family.

I will be at Dupont Hospital on Monday the 18th. As long as things go well I should come home on wednesday. Between Mom and Aunt Lori they will be keeping the kids overnight and making sure they get to and from school. Kris has offered to give up her Wednesday night to come and stay from when the kids get home from school until they actually go to bed (by that I mean fall asleep). Steve works monday thru friday during the day and then tuesday and wednesday from 5pm-midnight and then friday and saturday 5pm - 8 or 9pm. So I think most things are covered. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes, needless to say I am beginning to get nervous. I know everything will be so much better when this is over, it's just hard to comprehend right now.

Like Mom said, I will also try to keep everyone updated a little better. Family is so important, and as much as I hate asking for help I know anyone of you would be there for me if I needed it. And I would do anything I could for any of you.

I love you all,
Holly

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Good luck with everything Holly!!! Everything will turn out great and the outcome for you will be so wonderful!!! We will be thinking of you!!!

mic said...

LOVE YOU HOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!