I am recovering nicely after the most horrific day of my life, this past Thursday. The surgery went well. I was put to sleep and woke up fully clothed...not sure how I was dressed. I was hoping Mom was the one that assisted me, but she said I was already in my clothes when she came back to the recovery area...hmm, that's scary! Anyway, it was all good until I got home and my arm/wrist started to lose the numbness. I cried like a baby on and off for about 6 hours. Darrenn, my boyfriend, got to experience a new side of me he never wants to see again! I was demanding Oxycontin from my Doctor at 9:00PM. When he wouldn't give it to me, I started to cry and politely thanked him and hung up on him! I took way too many pain meds that night, but it got me through the pain and I didn't have to get my stomach pumped!!!! It is now Monday and I'm doing much better. It's sore, but I no longer am taking my pain medications, so it's definitely tolerable.
I have learned my lesson after all this...turning 30 is painful, physically and emotionally. I accept that I'm officially old!!!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha, yea I would be a little worried about your clothes situation also!! I hope you are feeling better today and continue to recover nicely! I was thiking about you this weekend, but wasn't sure if you would want to talk or not...now I see it might have been a good thing:) J/K! I would have cried to anyone and everyone!!
yep--i was there and can confirm everything as the truth. not sure how those clothes got back on you although i did see this hunk of a man coming out of the bathroom with you????? haha--just kiddin!! it was just that cranky ole nurse that you had---she was something else. but my baby is doing fine now!!!! thanks Darrenn for helping out. momma loves you!!
Post a Comment