Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Here we go again........

Well, for those of you have not heard- Jason was in the hospital in CICU. He was admitted Saturday night with heart palpitations. When he arrived at the hospital, his heart rate was 208. They said had he waited much longer, there was a good chance he would have had a stroke. They immediately tried to get his heart rate down with medication, but each time it went back up again. After finally giving him an IV medication, his rate came down. However, they admitted him to the Coronary Intensive Care to monitor his medication and to call in a consult with a cardiologist. The cardiologist, after doing some tests, diagnosed him with an accesory pathway (in the electrical system of his heart) and said he would need a cardiac ablation. (A procedure where they went in, found the accesory pathway and cauterized it.) He had the 3 hour procedure done on Monday and was taken back to the CICU until they could remove the 6 catheters and had to lay in bed for 6 hours after the procedure. He was dismissed Tuesday morning. The doctor said there was only 1-2 percent chance that he would ever have this problem again. He is doing well and will be able to go back to work Thursday.
One of these days, I hope to be posting some GOOD news! Pam

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness!!! I'm very glad to hear everything is okay, but that had to be quite a scare. Please pass along to Jason that I am thinking of him!!!

Tom & Pam said...

Thanks Amy!

Holly said...

How much more is your family going to have to take. It would be nice to see you post some good stuff too. I am happy he is better. Let him know we are thinking of him.

Tom & Pam said...

Will do Holly!
As soon as some good stuff happens, I'll have to post it! We are getting a little weary with all this stuff- we're all getting sick of hospitals!

mic said...

Tom & Pam -so sorry to hear about Jason although I am so glad he is doing ok!!! You all are definitely on my prayer list. How about Brian and his family?? Hopefully everything is going well for them? Keep on praying!!

Tom & Pam said...

Thanks Mic! Actuall, Brian, Kelly and the girls are doing well- thankfully! Both girls are in school- Natchez in 2nd grade and Emma is in the first grade. We haven't been able to get down there as much as we would like, between the hospital visits and Tom traveling. We hope to get down there soon! Thanks for asking!

Ashley said...

Please let Jason know that I am thinking of him as well! Do they have any idea what caused this? Your family is in my prayers, I hope that this bad luck streak stops VERY soon!!